Thursday 9 February 2012

Textured Panel

I have found that using pre-textured panel allows for quick impressions on location with an underlying theme of expression
In this 8 x 10 acrylic on a canvas board, I applied Golden Moulding Paste with a palette knife covering most of panel with sweeping strokes and hatches that implied movement and let it dry.

The abstract expression then was influenced by the texture and mingling new brushstrokes while on location. The scene of the moving waters on the beach were the inspiration and layers of transparent and opaque paint added depth.

I worked these layers until I felt satisfied with the expression. In this case it was not a rendition of the landscape but the flow I felt by being moved by it.




FOR MORE OCEAN PAINTINGS VISIT MY WEBSITE: www.janeappleby.com

No comments:

Post a Comment