Monday 6 February 2012

Cypress Mountain Prep

There is something exhilarating about being outdoors or in its vicinity. I happened to ski late one evening and captured this shot which was certainly a starting point to my paintings at Cypress Lodge. Cypress is one of my favourite mountains, close to home and with stunning vistas - It is where I am am inspired.
In winter, soft distant clouds, glistening snow capped peaks, and powdered trees where highlighted by the setting sun and brought to life as the sun
Here is an evening shot that I had to run to get my camera for before it disappeared.
I have found that taking photos helps me become familiar with the scenes I will paint and often are the first expressions of them. I tend to use the photos not to paint the exact scene but to recall the experience from them. This scene was a gift that was a starting point to my snow paintings.


No comments:

Post a Comment