Sunday 5 February 2012

Outdoors from the Inside

My first excursion painting outdoors was probably when I was a small child and so when I venture out now with sketchbook or paints I sense a child like joy come over me and am always rejuvenated in my spirit. I am not sure if it is the fresh air, the people I meet or that I am creating art. Probably all of these and more.

Here, I was at Cypress Mountain painting in acrylics, close to the outdoors, however in the comfort of Cypress Creek Lodge as part of the winter events. In this painting demonstration I quickly rendered the snow scene that I saw out the window as if I was outside as the light changed just as quickly of course.

Lugging my half box easel and suitcase of paints and materials made it feel like an outdoor excursion and was just as a passionate one,maybe because I was able to share it with the audience.

I plan to update this blog when I actually paint outside. For now you have a passionate outdoor painter painting outside her studio.

You are invited to follow along with me on these outings. Thank you from, Jane


I also invite you to visit my website and subscribe to my Newsletter: www.janeappleby.com

No comments:

Post a Comment